Monday, June 25, 2018

Vintage Inspirations

When I was in 5th grade I found this book at a school book fair.  I loved the pictures of miniature soldiers, and the clear, simple text and maps that explained the campaign and the battle so that a young boy could understand it.  I can remember bugging my parents repeatedly about going to visit the battlefield, they finally relented and we made the two hour drive from the Philadelphia suburbs of New Jersey.  I still have this book, and it birthed a life-long love of miniatures and civil war gaming.







1 comment:

  1. From NJ, Gettysburg isn't too bad a drive.

    Back when I was about age 16, I made my (second) trip there with my Scout troop (from Connecticut); we camped on a part of the confederate bivouac area, and did the recommended three hikes (Cemetery ridge, Little/Big Round top, and Picket's charge), with your truly acting as impromptu tour guide and military commentator! :-)

    ReplyDelete